Drill, mail # user - Schema discovery

Schema discovery
Timothy Chen 2013-10-24, 18:05
Hey Drill devs,

Just gave my  first talk about Drill last night, and seems like lots of
people are interested in the project.

Anyhow, one question that was raised that I think it's quite interesting,
since we're targeting data analysts adhoc querying is the ability to know
what they can query.

I wonder if we have plans, or wants to do some sort of show schema call
that gathers information from our storage engines and provide high level
info what information is approximately queryable?

I think this provides a great way for Drill users to interactively to peek
at and give them some ideas to start with, when they don't have a great
schema management doc/tool on their own side across different data sources.

Thoughts?

Tim
+
Julian Hyde 2013-11-01, 23:51