Flume >> mail # user >> Re: flume - Failed to bind:

Re: flume - Failed to bind:
There is nothing Cloudera specific here so this discussions should be
on the flume user list. I have redirected this chain there, you can
subscribe here:

More below:

On Tue, Nov 20, 2012 at 6:42 AM, Srinivasan Ramalingam
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi Brock,
>   can you please explain very clearly.
>
> On Tue, Nov 20, 2012 at 6:09 PM, Brock Noland <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> > agent1.sources.avro-source1.port = 1000
>>
>> A user has be root to bind to a port < 1024. I would change to a port
>> in say the 10,000's.

Ports 1...1024 on Unix-like operating systems can only be used by root
(similar to "Administrator" on Windows). As such, you should choose a
port higher than 1023 like 10100 or 10200 or 10201. Meaning

replace

agent1.sources.avro-source1.port = 1000

with

agent1.sources.avro-source1.port = 10200

Brock