Accumulo, mail # dev - multi-table isolated batch scanner

+
Adam Fuchs 2013-04-15, 19:00
+
William Slacum 2013-04-15, 19:06
Re: multi-table isolated batch scanner
Adam Fuchs 2013-04-15, 19:10
Thanks Bill,

I care about latency and throughput. First available result ordering is
fine, though.

Does Guava just chain through a collection of iterators, completing one
then moving to the next?

Adam

On Mon, Apr 15, 2013 at 3:06 PM, William Slacum <
[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> How are you expecting to get results back? Guava's Iterables could concat a
> bunch of a Scanners together, if you didn't care about the throughput
> aspect of it and simply wanted results from multiple tables.
>
> On Mon, Apr 15, 2013 at 3:00 PM, Adam Fuchs <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > Is anyone else pining for a multi-table isolated batch scanner, or is it
> > just me? I like the automatic parallelism and balancing of the batch
> > scanner, but I'm looking to maintain server-side state in my iterators
> over
> > long-running scans. I would also like to scan over multiple tables
> > concurrently. Has anyone tried hacking something together with a pool of
> > non-batch scanners?
> >
> > Adam

+
Christopher 2013-04-15, 20:13