HBase >> mail # user >> How practical is it to add a timestamp oracle on Zookeeper

Re: How practical is it to add a timestamp oracle on Zookeeper
Time is relative.
What does the timestamp mean?

Sounds like a simple question, but its not. Is it the time your application says they wrote to HBase? Is it the time HBase first gets the row? Or is it the time that the row was written to the memstore?

Each RS has its own clock in addition to your app server.

Mike Segel