Hive >> mail # user >> hive-0.10 and nullpointerexception

Re: hive-0.10 and nullpointerexception
Hey Marcin,
Sorry I haven't gotten a chance to look into this further.

I am fairly certain that it's a bug in Utilities.java which HIVE-4003
is going to fix. I am have been trying to reproduce the behavior
locally with trunk but so far, have been unsuccessful in doing so.

In any case, so it boils down to the shim you are using. Here is the
Shim for Hadoop 0.20.
https://github.com/apache/hive/blob/trunk/shims/src/0.20/java/org/apache/hadoop/hive/shims/Hadoop20Shims.java#L615

Could you try setting mapred.job.tracker property in your
mapred-site.xml to your jobtracker and see if that fixes it?

Also, if you could provide me any information (your config, setup,
which queries fail, etc.) that could help me in reproducing the
problem on hive trunk would be greatly appreciated!

Mark