Bigtop >> mail # dev >> Change HBase version string from 0.95.0-SNAPSHOT to 0.95.0-hadoop1-SNAPSHOT and 0.95.0-hadoop2-SNAPSHOT?

Re: Change HBase version string from 0.95.0-SNAPSHOT to 0.95.0-hadoop1-SNAPSHOT and 0.95.0-hadoop2-SNAPSHOT?
On Fri, Mar 29, 2013 at 1:29 PM, Wing Yew Poon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I am far from being a maven expert and I also may not understand your
> requirements. However, as far as the avro-mapred jar goes, I am able
> to get the one I want in my projects by using something like
>
> <dependency>
>   <groupId>org.apache.avro</groupId>
>   <artifactId>avro-mapred</artifactId>
>   <version>1.7.3</version>
>   <classifier>hadoop2</classifier>
> </dependency>
>
> If all your users need is the ability to get the correct version
> (hadoop1 vs hadoop2) of hbase jars for their projects, I imagine doing
> it the same way as avro-mapred should work. But please consult your
> maven experts.

This could work.

I would go through everywhere we produce a jar and add in the envClassifer
doo-hickey.  Would have to run build twice to get both sets of artifacts.

@Bigtoppers Would doing the above be enough for your purposes?

St.Ack