On Aug 28, 2012, at 7:33 PM, Mattmann, Chris A (388J) wrote:

> Process:
>
> 0. [DISCUSS] thread for <TLP name> in which you talk about #1 and #2 below, potentially draft resolution too.

How about something like this... please provide your feedback.

This is a very early draft, I'll post this on our wiki after discussion.

----

Proposal: Apache Hadoop HDFS as a TLP

I propose we graduate HDFS as a TLP named 'Apache Hadoop HDFS'.

I think the simplest way is to have all existing HDFS committers be committers and PMC members of the new project. That list is found in the asf-authorization-template which has:

hadoop-hdfs = acmurthy,atm,aw,boryas,cdouglas,cos,cutting,daryn,ddas,dhruba,eli,enis,eric14,eyang,gkesavan,hairong,harsh,jitendra,jghoman,johan,knoguchi,kzhang,lohit,mahadev,matei,mattf,molkov,nigel,omalley,ramya,rangadi,sharad,shv,sradia,stevel,suresh,szetszwo,tanping,todd,tomwhite,tucu,umamahesh,yhemanth,zshao
----
Proposal: Apache Hadoop MapReduce as a TLP

I propose we graduate MapReduce as a TLP named 'Apache Hadoop MapReduce'.

I think the simplest way is to have all existing MR committers be committers and PMC members of the new project. That list is found in the asf-authorization-template which has:

hadoop-mapreduce = acmurthy,amareshwari,amarrk,aw,bobby,cdouglas,cos,cutting,daryn,ddas,dhruba,enis,eric14,eyang,gkesavan,hairong,harsh,hitesh,jeagles,jitendra,jghoman,johan,kimballa,knoguchi,kzhang,llu,lohit,mahadev,matei,mattf,nigel,omalley,ramya,rangadi,ravigummadi,schen,sharad,shv,sradia,sreekanth,sseth,stevel,szetszwo,tgraves,todd,tomwhite,tucu,vinodkv,yhemanth,zshao
----
Proposal: Apache Hadoop YARN as a TLP

I propose we graduate YARN as a TLP named 'Apache Hadoop YARN'.

I re-propose, based on the previous discussion that the YARN committer list and initial PMC list be:

hadoop-yarn = acmurthy,cdouglas,ddas,hitesh,jeagles,llu,mahadev,sharad,sseth,tgraves,tomwhite,tucu,vinodkv

----

Thoughts?

thanks,
Arun