Chukwa >> mail # dev >> [VOTE] Retire the Chukwa podling

Re: [VOTE] Retire the Chukwa podling
-1

Chukwa has several good design discussions and new features being committed
in the past 6 month. e.g. New feature to add compression feature between
agent and collector.  Proposal for adding ability to support Ganglia Web as
frontend.  Validation and verification of JSP compilation.  One of the long
outstanding demux partition algorithm also has been refined.  There are
proposal being made and discussed.  I think it is important that mentor
recognize those contributions.

There is no paid developer in developing Chukwa.  Therefore, the activities
may be less than some of the paid developers working on project that get
shipped as a commercial product.  However, I think this community should
not be judged by a single metric of how many patches were open/closed in
the past 30 days.  I like to continue to contribute to Chukwa at project's
own pace.  I am committed to long term support to this project.

regards,
Eric