Zookeeper >> mail # user >> Zookeeper performance

+
Baskar Duraikannu 2013-07-31, 11:16
Re: Zookeeper performance
This sounds highly error prone to me regardless of whether or not zookeeper
can handle the load-. Why not just use a standard transaction model with a
vector clock or other timing device to detect conflicts so you don't have
to worry about a second server to talk to (zookeeper) to do an update?
On Jul 31, 2013 7:17 AM, "Baskar Duraikannu" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> Hello
>
> We are looking to use zookeeper for optimistic concurrency. Basically when
> the user saves data on a screen, we need to lock,  read to ensure that no
> one else has changed the row while user is editing data, persist data and
> unlock znode.
>
> If the app/thread does not get a lock, we may set a watch so that polling
> is avoided.
>
> Our application is write intensive certain times of the day. We may get
> about 100k requests per second.  Can zookeeper handle this volume?
+
Baskar Duraikannu 2013-07-31, 22:51
+
Henry Robinson 2013-07-31, 23:05