HBase >> mail # user >> How to check if a major_compact is done?

+
yun peng 2012-11-08, 06:08
+
ramkrishna vasudevan 2012-11-08, 06:33
+
PG 2012-11-08, 08:08
Re: How to check if a major_compact is done?
Please someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think there is some
information exposed to JMX which give you the duration (and size) of
the last compaction.

JM

2012/11/8, PG <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> Hi, thanks for the comments. One thing is,,,, shouldn't web UI comes from
> the hbase API, or can I issue function call to get the progress of
> compaction?.
> Hun
>
> On Nov 8, 2012, at 1:33 AM, ramkrishna vasudevan
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> There is no interface which says that the major compaction is completed.
>> But you can see that major compaction is in progress from the web UI.
>> Sorry if am wrong here.
>>
>> Regards
>> Ram
>>
>> On Thu, Nov 8, 2012 at 11:38 AM, yun peng <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi, All,
>>> I want to measure the duration of a major compaction in HBase. Since the
>>> function call majorCompact is asynchronous, I may need to manually check
>>> when the major compaction is done. Does Hbase (as of version 0.92.4)
>>> provide an interface to determine completion of major compaction?
>>> Thanks.
>>> Yun

+
Jerry Lam 2012-11-08, 15:43