HBase >> mail # user >> Re: Storing images in Hbase

+
Michael Segel 2013-01-11, 15:00
+
Mohammad Tariq 2013-01-11, 15:27
+
Mohit Anchlia 2013-01-11, 17:40
+
Jack Levin 2013-01-11, 17:47
+
Jack Levin 2013-01-11, 17:51
+
Mohit Anchlia 2013-01-13, 15:47
+
kavishahuja 2013-01-05, 10:11
+
谢良 2013-01-06, 03:58
+
Mohit Anchlia 2013-01-06, 05:45
+
谢良 2013-01-06, 06:14
Re: Storing images in Hbase
Hi there,
Thank you, and happy new year.
I had the same problematic and wrote a python module⁰ for thumbor¹
I use the Thrift interface for HBase to store image blobs.
As allready said you have to keep images blob quite small (for latency
problematic in web you have to keep them small too) ~100ko, so HBase should
keep good performances.

BTW Stumbleupon store all its assets in HBase :
http://bb10.com/java-hadoop-hbase-user/2012-03/msg00054.html

[0] https://github.com/dhardy92/thumbor_hbase
[1] https://github.com/globocom/thumbor/wiki

Cheers,

--
Damien

Le 6 janv. 2013 04:46, "kavishahuja" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> a écrit :

> *Hello EVERYBODY
> first of all, a happy new year to everyone !!
> I need a small help regarding pushing images into apache HBase(DB)...i know
> its about converting objects into bytes and then saving those bytes into
> hbase rows. But still i cant do it.
> Kindly help !! *
>
> Regards,
> Kavish