HBase >> mail # user >> Storing images in Hbase

Re: Storing images in Hbase
Hi there,
Thank you, and happy new year.
I had the same problematic and wrote a python module⁰ for thumbor¹
I use the Thrift interface for HBase to store image blobs.
As allready said you have to keep images blob quite small (for latency
problematic in web you have to keep them small too) ~100ko, so HBase should
keep good performances.

BTW Stumbleupon store all its assets in HBase :
http://bb10.com/java-hadoop-hbase-user/2012-03/msg00054.html

[0] https://github.com/dhardy92/thumbor_hbase
[1] https://github.com/globocom/thumbor/wiki

Cheers,