Hadoop, mail # dev - Need help with getting some patches for 1.0.2 reviewed

Re: Need help with getting some patches for 1.0.2 reviewed
Suresh Srinivas 2012-03-16, 19:12
On Tue, Mar 6, 2012 at 10:40 AM, Jagane Sundar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hey folks,
>
> I have a couple of patches to the 1.0 branch that I would like to shepherd
> through the process. I'm not entirely familiar with the process, so bear
> with me..
>
> - I have a backport of HADOOP-5836 for the 1.0 branch that I have uploaded
> to jira. This is a no-code-change, just a re-spin patch.

I have committed this to branch-1. Most likely picked up for 1.1.
> - I have a patch for for HADOOP-8136 that does have actual code changes. I
> have uploaded the patch to jira - of course it did not apply properly since
> it needs the above mentioned patch for HADOOP-5836 to be applied first.

Can you please attach the patch for trunk. The route to 1.x release is,
first a patch gets committed to trunk and then it gets back ported to 1.x
release.
> So, my questions are:
> 1. How do I tell the patch-o-matic system that my patch for HADOOP-8136
> needs the patch for HADOOP-5836 applied first?

5836 must already be in there. Or you have to have consolidated patch.

2. Would somebody kindly review the patch for jira HADOOP-8136?

Will do. Once you attach trunk patch and it goes through Jenkins.
> 3. I believe that Matt is the RM for the 1.0 branch. Hey Matt - can I work
> with you on these two patches?

You have an email on 1.0.2 thread. If you get 8136 done for the trunk, I
can port it to branch-1.
Regards,
Suresh