Hive >> mail # user >> FAILED: Error in metadata: MetaException(message:Got exception: java.net.ConnectException Call to masternode/192.168.1.12:19100 failed

+
sagar nikam 2013-06-14, 07:09
Re: FAILED: Error in metadata: MetaException(message:Got exception: java.net.ConnectException Call to masternode/192.168.1.12:19100 failed
you realize ctrl-z does not kill the process, correct? to do that find the
pid and issue a kill against it (is one way.)

I cannot speak for the port number mismatch however that you allude to -
will have to punt that one to somebody else.
On Fri, Jun 14, 2013 at 12:09 AM, sagar nikam <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> Respected sir,
>
> I am using Ubuntu-12.04, Hadoop-1.04,Hive 0.010
>
> I stopped/interrupted hiveserver using Ctrl+z in terminal where
> hiveserver is running.
> but after that whenever I am going to start hive or hiveserver,it gives
> below error
>
> FAILED: Error in metadata: MetaException(message:Got exception:
> java.net.ConnectException Call to masternode/192.168.1.12:19100 failed on
> connection exception: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused)
> org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.DDLTask
>
> I no where mention port 19100 for Hadoop in any config file.but why its
> calling to that ?
> My hadoop is running on 192.168.1.12/54310(Namenode)
> I searched in hive-site.xml file about 19100, but not found anything.
>
> Is it a bug ?
>
> Everytime I am formatting namenode, remove metastore_db folder & reload
> data into hive.
> So this painstaking exercise I am doing now.
> What will be the solution for this ?

+
Ankit Bhatnagar 2013-08-16, 19:02