Home | About | Sematext search-lucene.com search-hadoop.com
 Search Hadoop and all its subprojects:

Switch to Threaded View
HBase >> mail # dev >> Build performances


Copy link to this message
-
Re: Build performances
I would be interested in folks experience running it in production.
St.Ack
On Tue, Feb 26, 2013 at 5:36 AM, Jean-Marc Spaggiari <
[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi Stack,
>
> 3 tests failed and 1271 passed.
>
> So it seems to be pretty stable with openJDK1.7.
>
> I retried and got only 2 failed.
>
> In both cases testDeleteEditUnknownColumnFamilyAndOrTable was on the list.
>
> I'm retrying another time, but for small tests, I will say that open
> JDK is stable enought.
>
> JM
>
> 2013/2/25 Jean-Marc Spaggiari <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> > Hi Stack,
> >
> > When I'm testing locally with VMs I'm using openJDK for the standalone
> > mode so I don't have to install any additionnal JVM. And it's working
> > for my needs. I have not faced any issue so far.
> >
> > I just started the entire test suite with OpenJDK1.7. I will keep you
> posted.
> >
> > JM
> >
> > 2013/2/25 Stack <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> >> Does hbase work on openjdk?
> >> St.Ack
> >>
> >>
> >> On Mon, Feb 25, 2013 at 12:54 PM, Jean-Marc Spaggiari <
> >> [EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >>
> >>> Hi Stack,
> >>>
> >>> Thanks for pointing to stracing.
> >>>
> >>> However, I fixed my issue...
> >>>
> >>> Initially I was running with that:
> >>> Java version: 1.6.0_24, vendor: Sun Microsystems Inc.
> >>> Java home: /usr/lib/jvm/java-6-openjdk-amd64/jre
> >>>
> >>>
> >>> With "export JAVA_HOME=/usr/local/jdk1.7.0_13/":
> >>> [INFO]
> >>>
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> >>> [INFO] BUILD SUCCESS
> >>> [INFO]
> >>>
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> >>> [INFO] Total time: 5:37.573s
> >>> [INFO] Finished at: Mon Feb 25 15:50:26 EST 2013
> >>> [INFO] Final Memory: 62M/3020M
> >>> [INFO]
> >>>
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> >>>
> >>> Less  than 6 minutes. 10 times faster!!!!
> >>>
> >>> So I don't really know why it was so slow with the 1.6 OpenJDK, but
> >>> it's now running way faster!
> >>>
> >>> Thanks,
> >>>
> >>> JM
> >>>
> >>> 2013/2/25 Stack <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> >>> > Try stracing the process [1]?
> >>> > St.Ack
> >>> >
> >>> > 1. http://www.cyberciti.biz/tips/linux-strace-command-examples.html
> >>> >
> >>> >
> >>> > On Mon, Feb 25, 2013 at 12:09 PM, Jean-Marc Spaggiari <
> >>> > [EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >>> >
> >>> >> When it's stuck on "Copying", there is nothing more displayed.
> >>> >>
> >>> >> Before that, it's verbose.
> >>> >>
> >>> >> [DEBUG] Adding file-set in: /mnt/security to archive location:
> >>> >> hbase-0.94.6-SNAPSHOT/security/
> >>> >> [DEBUG] FileSet[conf/] dir perms: 47777 file perms: 107777
> >>> >> [DEBUG] The archive base directory is 'null'
> >>> >> [DEBUG] NOT reformatting any files in /mnt/conf
> >>> >> [DEBUG] Adding file-set from directory: '/mnt/conf'
> >>> >> assembly output directory is: 'conf/'
> >>> >> [DEBUG] Adding file-set in: /mnt/conf to archive location:
> >>> >> hbase-0.94.6-SNAPSHOT/conf/
> >>> >> [DEBUG] FileSet[bin/] dir perms: 47777 file perms: 107777
> >>> >> [DEBUG] The archive base directory is 'null'
> >>> >> [DEBUG] NOT reformatting any files in /mnt/bin
> >>> >> [DEBUG] Adding file-set from directory: '/mnt/bin'
> >>> >> assembly output directory is: 'bin/'
> >>> >> [DEBUG] Adding file-set in: /mnt/bin to archive location:
> >>> >> hbase-0.94.6-SNAPSHOT/bin/
> >>> >> [DEBUG] FileSet[lib/ruby/] dir perms: 47777 file perms: 107777
> >>> >> [DEBUG] The archive base directory is 'null'
> >>> >> [DEBUG] NOT reformatting any files in /mnt/src/main/ruby
> >>> >> [DEBUG] Adding file-set from directory: '/mnt/src/main/ruby'
> >>> >> assembly output directory is: 'lib/ruby/'
> >>> >> [DEBUG] Adding file-set in: /mnt/src/main/ruby to archive location:
> >>> >> hbase-0.94.6-SNAPSHOT/lib/ruby/
> >>> >> [DEBUG] FileSet[] dir perms: 47777 file perms: 107777
> >>> >> [DEBUG] The archive base directory is 'null'
> >>> >> [DEBUG] NOT reformatting any files in /mnt/target
> >>> >> [DEBUG] Adding file-set from directory: '/mnt/target'