Hadoop >> mail # user >> Cost of bytecode execution in MapReduce

+
Matthew John 2011-02-17, 05:49
+
Ted Yu 2011-02-17, 06:22
+
Matthew John 2011-02-17, 06:39
Re: Cost of bytecode execution in MapReduce
There was a discussion thread about why hadoop was developed in Java.
Please read it.

On Wed, Feb 16, 2011 at 10:39 PM, Matthew John
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> hi Ted,
> wanted to know if its development environment specific. Can u throw
> some light on whether there is any inherent bytecode ececution cost ?
> I am not using any specific development environment now (like Eclipse)
> .
>
> Matthew
>
> On Thu, Feb 17, 2011 at 11:52 AM, Ted Yu <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Is your target development environment using C++ ?
> >
> > On Wed, Feb 16, 2011 at 9:49 PM, Matthew John <
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:
> >
> >> Hi all,
> >>
> >> I wanted to know if the Map/Reduce (Mapper and Reducer) code incurs
> >> any fixed cost of ByteCode execution. And how do the mappers (say of
> >> WordCount MR) look like in detail (in bytecode detail) ?? Any good
> >> pointers to this ?
> >>
> >> Thanks,
> >> Matthew John

+