Pig, mail # user - Error while parsing commandline properties

+
Jeff Yuan 2013-03-02, 00:04
+
Johnny Zhang 2013-03-02, 00:11
+
Jeff Yuan 2013-03-02, 00:58
Re: Error while parsing commandline properties
Johnny Zhang 2013-03-02, 01:21
Hi, Jeff:
If I understand correctly. I think you need that if you need to pass value
to parameter in pig script in runtime. However, the value should be passed
in by "pig -param <param>=<value>" instead of "pig -p", Can you try that?

Johnny
On Fri, Mar 1, 2013 at 4:58 PM, Jeff Yuan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi Johnny,
> Actually it was a mistake on my part. I was writing some custom code
> that launches Grunt and I had a call that passed my input through
> ParameterSubstitutionPreprocessor when it may not need to be. I
> haven't had a chance to thoroughly read that class. Do you know off
> the top of your head what kind of functionality does this class
> provide? Would I be correct in assuming it's normally not needed?
>
> Jeff
>

> On Fri, Mar 1, 2013 at 4:11 PM, Johnny Zhang <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Hi, Jeff:
> > It works for me though. Can you paste the whole command?
> >
> > Johnny
> >

> > On Fri, Mar 1, 2013 at 4:04 PM, Jeff Yuan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
> >
> >> Hi guys,
> >>
> >> I'm running pig from the command line in local mode, and trying to
> >> pass in some properties, for example:
> >> pig -x local ... -p mapred.map.tasks=2 -p mapred.reduce.tasks=1 ...
> >>
> >> I'm getting errors;
> >> INFO parameters.ParameterSubstitutionPreprocessor: Encountered "
> >> <OTHER> ".map.tasks=2 "" at line 1, column 7.
> >> Was expecting:
> >>     "=" ...
> >>
> >> My question is, what am I doing wrong? What's the correct way to pass
> >> in the properties via command line arguments?
> >>
> >> Thanks,
> >> Jeff

+
Jeff Yuan 2013-03-03, 06:11