HBase >> mail # user >> Meaning of storefileIndexSize

Meaning of storefileIndexSize
Hi,

I would like to understand the meaning of the storefileIndexSize metric,
could someone point me to a definition or explain me what does that mean ?

Also, we are performing a large table import (90M rows, size of the row
varying between hundreds of kb to 8 MB), and we are encountering memory
problem (OOME). My observation is that it always happens after a while,
when the storefileIndexSize starts to be large (> 500). Is there a way
to reduce it ?

Renaud Delbru