HBase >> mail # dev >> About distributed lock service in HBase

Re: About distributed lock service in HBase
HBASE-5541 is about rowlock. The master plays no role in this.  This lock
does not have to be distributed, because, in bigtable/hbase architecture,
the rows are allocated to a single region / region server. This makes
things faster.

Nicolas