MapReduce >> mail # user >> Re: Log files occupy lot of Disk size

+
Harsh J 2012-11-23, 07:42
+
Kartashov, Andy 2012-11-23, 21:44
+
Mohammad Tariq 2012-11-23, 07:54
Re: Log files occupy lot of Disk size
When you run a hive query it internally runs lot of map reduce tasks, which
intern generates lot of temporary files, so your disk uses grows, so can
you tell which folder is taking most of the spaces?

Shashwat Shriparv
On Fri, Nov 23, 2012 at 1:24 PM, Mohammad Tariq <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Harsh has got a point. I was thinking the same, but then I thought maybe
> you need all these log files. If not then do as Harsh has suggested. And
> deleting log files won't affect your Hdfs working, but it will not write
> logs for any operation until the next Hdfs restart.
>
> Regards,
>     Mohammad Tariq
>

> On Fri, Nov 23, 2012 at 1:12 PM, Harsh J <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> Lower your log levels if you do not need all that verbosity. You can
>> control log retention, max sizes to keep, max number of files to keep,
>> and logging levels, etc. via each components' log4j.properties file.
>>
>> On Fri, Nov 23, 2012 at 12:42 PM, iwannaplay games
>> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> > If i delete the log file without stopping the cluster  won't it
>> > terminate the session.

>> for

>> --
>> Harsh J