HBase, mail # user - Reg:delete performance on HBase table

+
Manoj Babu 2012-12-05, 13:13
+
Jean-Marc Spaggiari 2012-12-05, 13:31
Re: Reg:delete performance on HBase table
Doug Meil 2012-12-05, 15:46

Hi there,

You probably want to read this section on the RefGuide about deleting from
HBase.

http://hbase.apache.org/book.html#perf.deleting

On 12/5/12 8:31 AM, "Jean-Marc Spaggiari" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>Hi Manoj,
>
>Delete in HBase is like a put.
>
>If you want to delete the entire table (drop) then it will be very
>fast. My test table has 100M rows and it's taking few seconds to
>delete (one CF and one C only). But if you want to delete the rows one
>by one (like 190M rows out of more) then it's like doing 190M puts.
>
>HTH.
>
>JM
>
>2012/12/5, Manoj Babu <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
>> Hi All,
>>
>> I am having doubt on delete performance inHBase table.
>>
>> I have 190 million rows in oracle table it hardly took 4hours to delete
>>it,
>> If i am having the same 190 million rows in HBase table how much time by
>> approx Hbase will take to delete the rows(based on row key range) and
>> how internally HBase handles delete?
>>

>> Thanks in advance!
>> Cheers!
>> Manoj.