MapReduce >> mail # user >> sym Links in hadoop

+
Visioner Sadak 2012-10-08, 06:43
Re: sym Links in hadoop
I tried using FileUtil class for creating a symlink within hadoop actually
i want to create a symlink for my har directory so my code looks like

FileUtil.symLink("/user2/","har:///user/5oct2012.har")

but getting error like this

org.apache.hadoop.fs.FileUtil
 - Command 'ln -s /user2/ har://user/5oct2012.har/' failed 1 with: ln:
target `har:///user/5oct2012.har/' is not a directory: No such file or
directory
On Mon, Oct 8, 2012 at 12:13 PM, Visioner Sadak <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> Hello,
>
>           can we create symlinks within hadoop is ther any shell commands
> or can we do it thru java....

+
Dave Beech 2012-10-08, 13:30
+