From:   Dalia Sobhy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To:     "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
Date:   11/24/2012 01:33 PM
Subject:        RE: Hbase MapReduce
It 's weird that hbase aggregate functions don't use MapReduce, this means
that the performance will be very poor.
Is it a must to use coprocessors?
Is there a much easier way to improve the functions' performance ?

> CC: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: Re: Hbase MapReduce
> Date: Sat, 24 Nov 2012 12:05:45 -0600
> To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
> Do you think it would be a good idea to temper the use of CoProcessors?
>
> This kind of reminds me of when people first started using stored
procedures...

> Mike Segel
>
> On Nov 24, 2012, at 11:46 AM, tom <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > Hi, but you do not need to us M/R. You could also use coprocessors.
> >
> > See this site:
> > https://blogs.apache.org/hbase/entry/coprocessor_introduction
> > -> in the section "Endpoints"
> >
> > An aggregation coprocessor ships with hbase that should match your
requirements.
> > You just need to load it and eventually you can access it from HTable:
> >
> > HTable.coprocessorExec(..) <
http://hbase.apache.org/apidocs/org/apache/hadoop/hbase/client/HTable.html#coprocessorExec%28java.lang.Class,%20byte
[],%20byte[],%20org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.coprocessor.Batch.Call,%20org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.coprocessor.Batch.Callback%29>

> > Regards
> > tom
> >
> > Am 24.11.2012 18:32, schrieb Marcos Ortiz:
> >> Regards, Dalia.
> >> You have to use MapReduce for that.
> >> In the HBase in Practice´s book, there are lot of great examples for
this.

use MapReduce to execute those functions?