Flume >> mail # user >> Fail over for flume source

Fail over for flume source
Hi,

I am working on a hadoop based log archival solution where logs are
generated by telecom Routers.
I have very limited knowledge of the routers but I know that routers will
send syslogs to given IP address and port.
If we want to use Flume for collecting these syslog, we will run flume
agent having Syslog UDP as source and running on the same server where
router will send logs.
Assuming router can send log messages to only single IP, how can we achieve
fail-over for flume agent in such cases ?

This is something urgent and any help would be greatly appreciated.
Regards
Abhijeet