Avro, mail # user - Using 'bytes' as keys in a 'map' equivalent

Re: Using 'bytes' as keys in a 'map' equivalent
Jeff Hodges 2010-04-06, 02:16
Hacky, but acceptable.
--
Jeff

On Apr 5, 2010 5:51 PM, "Doug Cutting" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Stu Hood wrote:

> I can understand the reasoning behind AVRO-9, but now I need to look for
an alte...
A map of Foo has the same binary format as an array of records, each with a
string field and a Foo field.  So an application can use an array schema
similar to this to represent map-like structures with, e.g., non-string
keys.

Perhaps we could establish standard properties that indicate that a given
array of records should be represented in a map-like way if possible?
 E.g.,:

{"type": "array", "isMap": true, "items": {"type":"record", ...}}

Doug