HBase >> mail # dev >> Publishing HLog entries to a bus?

+
Otis Gospodnetic 2013-03-03, 03:08
+
Jean-Daniel Cryans 2013-03-04, 19:34
+
Nick Dimiduk 2013-03-04, 19:39
Re: Publishing HLog entries to a bus?
Hi Nick,

I don't know, what would be better/easier?
I'd think per RS may be OK, but you'll know better about where HLogs can be
"caught".

Btw. that Databus project just happened to spark the idea, but I guess the
general version of what I'm thinking is simply: "Can we introduce some HLog
Listener interfaces/hooks so people can plug in there and do whatever they
want with HLog entries".  One such impl. can be for putting HLog entries on
that Databus.

Otis
--
HBASE Performance Monitoring
http://sematext.com/spm/hbase-performance-monitoring/
On Mon, Mar 4, 2013 at 2:39 PM, Nick Dimiduk <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi Otis,
>
> This is a cool idea. Would you see a single event pipe containing all
> edits, per RS pipes, something else entirely?
>
> -n
>
> On Sat, Mar 2, 2013 at 7:08 PM, Otis Gospodnetic <
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> > wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I was looking at
> >

> http://engineering.linkedin.com/data-replication/open-sourcing-databus-linkedins-low-latency-change-data-capture-systemand
> > then at
> >

> https://github.com/apache/hbase/tree/trunk/hbase-server/src/main/java/org/apache/hadoop/hbase/replication/regionserverand
> > wondering...
> >
> > .... would it be possible/interesting/better to "open up" a little bit
> and
> > implement something that puts HLog events on a bus like that Databus and
> > thus allow *anyone* to do *anything* with data being written to (or
> deleted
> > from) HBase?  Replication itself, secondary indexing, etc.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Otis
> > --
> > HBASE Performance Monitoring