HBase >> mail # user >> Getting RetriesExhaustedException while getting rows

Getting RetriesExhaustedException while getting rows
Hi,

I have a pseudo-distributed setup of hbase/hadoop. I have 2 tables in hbase.

I have a scheduler which runs at some frequency. Scheduler kicks three
different mapper 1 by 1 (one the successful completion of the first one,
the next one starts).

When I ran it on lesser data it works fine, but in case of huge data it
throws the following exception -

org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.RetriesExhaustedException: Trying to contact
region server null for region , row '*********************', but failed
after 10 attempts.
Exceptions:
java.io.IOException:
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HConnectionManager$HConnectionImplementation@81f25closed
[...]

at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HConnectionManager$HConnectionImplementation.getRegionServerWithRetries(HConnectionManager.java:1017)
 at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HTable.get(HTable.java:549)

Thanks,
Vidosh
+
Ted Yu 2013-02-08, 17:28