Hadoop >> mail # dev >> hadoop build problems

+
Ranjan Banerjee 2012-04-06, 00:32
Re: hadoop build problems
we had similar problems will back. Here few tips that might help your
build:
1) always start a newly downloaded build with clean option - ant clean
2) make sure you have your build path set correctly, example:
 export JAVA_HOME=/opt/jdk1.6.0_31
export PATH=/opt/jdk1.6.0_31/bin:$PATH
export CLASSPATH=/opt/jdk1.6.0_31/jre/lib
Best Regards
Amir Sanjar

Linux System Management Architect and Lead
IBM Senior Software Engineer
Phone# 512-286-8393
Fax#      512-838-8858

From: Ranjan Banerjee <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: hadoop_mailing_list <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: 04/05/2012 07:33 PM
Subject: hadoop build problems

Hello,
  We were trying to build the hadoop source code but getting a
 lot of errors(100 to be precise). We used the ant package to build the
haddop. Tried it from both the HADOOP_HOME folder and the src folder but
 the errors continue to happen. Can someone please help us out.

Thanking you

Yours faithfully
Ranjan Banerjee

+