MapReduce >> mail # user >> Hadoop Java compilation error

Hadoop Java compilation error
Hi All,
I installed Hadoop 1.0.4 on Cygwin and tried to run Java HelloWorld but I get exception error:

$ bin/hadoop javac HelloWorld.java
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javac
Exception in thread "main"

$ echo $JAVA_HOME
/cygdrive/c/java
$ javac HelloWorld.java
$ java HelloWorld
Hello, World
I have set JAVA_HOME environment variable in hadoop-env.sh .
How do I make it work on hadoop?
Thank you.