HBase >> mail # user >> RE: write throughput in cassandra, understanding hbase

RE: write throughput in cassandra, understanding hbase
I've read articles online where I see cassandra doing like 20K writers per
second, and hbase around 2-3K.

I understand both systems have their strenghts, but I am curious as to what
is holding hbase from reaching similiar results?

Is it HDFS that is the issue?  Or hbase does certain things (to its
advantage) that slows the write path down?