Hadoop >> mail # user >> Hadoop Tutorial help

+
Jennifer Lopez 2012-12-09, 15:53
+
Marcos Ortiz Valmaseda 2012-12-09, 18:27
Re: Hadoop Tutorial help
Hi there,

 You can download the latest CDH VM from here :
https://ccp.cloudera.com/display/SUPPORT/Cloudera%27s+Hadoop+Demo+VM+for+CDH4

It uses Hadoop 2.x. If you want to work on Hadoop 1.x you have to go for
CDH3. Complete package info is given here :
https://ccp.cloudera.com/display/DOC/CDH+Version+and+Packaging+Information#CDHVersionandPackagingInformation-id511647

If you need some help on the installation part you can go here :
https://ccp.cloudera.com/display/CDH4DOC/CDH4+Installation+Guide

HTH

Regards,
    Mohammad Tariq

On Sun, Dec 9, 2012 at 11:57 PM, Marcos Ortiz Valmaseda <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> Hi, Jennifer.
> Precisely, Robert Evans, from Yahoo! Team was working in the update of
> this tutorial to use at least Hadoop 1.x series, but I don´t know right now
> the progress of the project.
>
> OK, now, you don´t need to download Hadoop-0.18.0 because, it´s included
> in the VMware Hadoop VM.
> You can download it and try it.
>
> Best wishes.

Marco Shaw 2012-12-09, 19:27