Avro >> mail # user >> Transform a single .avdl or .avpr into one or many .avsc

Transform a single .avdl or .avpr into one or many .avsc
Hi,

I have lots of avro schemas and most of them are about complex objects (ie
nested definition of stuff). The syntax of avro idl is attractive in order
to build something more readable and thus maintainable. However, it looks
like I can't generate any avsc from a avdl (or the avpr generated from the
avdl). I understand what is a protocol and I don't need one but the idl
syntax is really attractive. Is there really no way to use it for that
purpose?

Regards

Bertrand
PS : I remember seeing a discussion about that subject but I can't find it.
+
Jeremy Kahn 2013-05-17, 14:10
+
Doug Cutting 2013-05-17, 19:11