MapReduce >> mail # user >> find out which user that is running the mapred job

Re: find out which user that is running the mapred job
mapred.job.user in JobConf for unsecure mode.

In secure mode, I guess your best bet is to use JobHistory file or JobSummary log for the job (available _after_ job completion).

Arun

--
Arun C. Murthy
Hortonworks Inc.