Hive >> mail # user >> Thrift Server not starting with Hive 0.8.1 and hadoop-1.0.1

Re: Thrift Server not starting with Hive 0.8.1 and hadoop-1.0.1
Hi Shin,

Not sure what do you mean by hangs here. I think this is about what the
server would output on proper startup. (it is at least for me. :))  Did you
try invoking hive sever using hive jdbc client [1] or equivalent? If not
can you try and see whether it works.

Regards
Buddhika

[1] https://cwiki.apache.org/Hive/hiveclient.html