Pig >> mail # user >> output

+
Keren Ouaknine 2013-07-25, 02:47
+
Prashant Kommireddi 2013-07-25, 03:22
Hi Prashant,

Thanks! There's progress as I see the output directories are created but
the result not
The script:
A = load '1.txt'  as (x:double, y:chararray, z:chararray);
dump A;
store A into '/home/kereno/Documents/pig-0.11.1/workspace/res-dump2' USING
PigStorage (',');

My file 1.txt looks like this:
~/Documents/pig-0.11.1/workspace 0$ more 1.txt
1 a aleph
2 b bet
3 g gimel

I am getting in part-m-0000 the following:
 ~/Documents/pig-0.11.1/workspace 0$ more res-dump2/part-m-00000
,,
,,
,,

[these are all commas]

When I ran the query from grunt the output files were stored on hdfs (I
guess that's the default behavior?)
Same output of course :)

My question is how come the dump doesn't show the content of 1.txt?
By the way, my ultimate purpose is to test corner case of union but I am
trying to get simple dumps to work first :)

Thanks,
Keren

--
Keren Ouaknine