Hadoop >> mail # dev >> Newbie question - How to start working on an issue?

Newbie question - How to start working on an issue?
Hello everyone,

Its been some time I have used Hadoop in my projects and now I want to
contribute back to Hadoop. So this is my first time I am trying to
contribute to Hadoop. I do not have experience of contributing to any open
source project.

I would like to know how to start working on an issue? Till now I have
downloaded Hadoop source code and successfully built it.

Now I have chosen one trivial issue which I think I can solve but I do not
how to start working on it.

If I have some question regarding the functionality of some piece of code
then to whom can I ask?

Do we need to learn by debugging or other people who know that piece of
code will help us?

Request you to please help.

Thanks and Regards,
Chandrash3khar