Kafka >> mail # dev >> ProducerRequest changes for KAFKA-240

ProducerRequest changes for KAFKA-240
I put together my thoughts related to my JIRA comment in Kafka-240 with the
entry point to my thinking in regards to changing ProducerRequest with the
new wire protocol

https://gist.github.com/1592895

Thoughts? Comments? Tomatoes?

Let me know

basically from here (besides making sure existing code works correctly) is
to implement the 2 TODO places in my gist down in the layers

so the underlying would use a new class called api.WiredProducerRequest
which would implement the new protocol from
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/New+Wire+Format+Proposal

I could either

1) do like in my gist says to use the old api.ProducerRequest for legacy
and new data new class

or

2) only use a new api.WiredProducerRequest and push the old data in like I
did in my gist
and the equals would check values based on "version" (assuming version = 0
means <= 0.7 and we make the first wire for 0.8 version = 1)
/*
Joe Stein
http://www.linkedin.com/in/charmalloc
*/