Hadoop, mail # general - Hadoop 0.22/HBase 0.92 package repos are now available

Re: Hadoop 0.22/HBase 0.92 package repos are now available
Roman Shaposhnik 2011-09-29, 22:52
2011/9/29  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> [CC'ng Pig-dev].
>
> In terms of interest, what is the community more interested in seeing work
> with Hadoop 0.22 ? Pig 0.8.x or Pig.0.9.
>

> I took a look at pig 0.9 added features:
>
> New parser (still has corner cases)
> UDFs in languages other than Java
> Macros
> Hcatalog support
>
> As far as existing installations are concerned, my belief is that these
> features do not make a very compelling case for pig 0.9 to be compatible
> immediately with Hadoop 0.22, and pig 0.8.x makes more sense.
>
> What do people think ?

Personally, I'd like to see both of these code lines to have a compatibility
releases to address 0.22/0.23 issues. Also, I'd be totally happy with
0.9 NOT addressing this issues if there's 0.10 planned soon enough.

As for 0.8 I really, really, really would like to see a compatibility release.
>From the Bigtop side, I can help with build and testing, but I guess we
need somebody from the Pig community to chime in on how feasible
0.8.2 will be.

Thanks,
Roman.