Hive >> mail # dev >> [Discuss] project chop up

Re: [Discuss] project chop up
Or feel free to suggest different approach. I am used to managing software
as multi-module maven projects.
>From a development standpoint if I was working on beeline, it would be nice
to only require some of the sub-projects to be open in my IDE to do that.
Also managing everything globally is not ideal.

Hive's project layout, build, and test infrastructure is just funky. It has
to do a few interesting things (shims, testing), but I do not think what we
are doing justifies the massive ant build system we have. Ant is so ten
years ago.