Accumulo >> mail # dev >> Can Iterators be made user-specific or shell-session-specific?

Re: Can Iterators be made user-specific or shell-session-specific?
On Thu, May 9, 2013 at 9:47 AM, David Medinets <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> I'm asking in case I missed something in the documentation. This issue
> hasn't arisen before since I haven't shared tables before. When I attach an
> iterator to a table in the shell, it affects everyone (and every process)
> that accesses that table. Is there a standard of practice? Do people clone
> tables before developing new iterators or before exploring data with
> existing iterators?

For testing scan time iterators, you scan use the setscaniter command in
the shell.

If you want to test iterators at compaction time, testing on a clone is a
good option.