Pig >> mail # user >> A shout-out to the non-committers who have been making awesome contributions to Pig

A shout-out to the non-committers who have been making awesome contributions to Pig
As a committer, I enjoy nothing more than committing the code of
non-committers (except perhaps a rare sunny day of San Francisco). It's
great for Pig, and it's great for open source in general.

I want to give a couple of shout-out's in particular:

Cheolsoo has been awesome about working to keep the build green, as well as
submitting a ton of high-quality patches on a variety of topics

Rohini has also been working hard on this front, and has been good about
weighing in on tickets on issues (very helpfully) related to keeping the
build stable, especially with the various versions of Hadoop

John Gordon clearly is doing the somewhat thankless work of getting Pig to
run well on windows, which I think deserves thanks

Of course, there are a ton of people working on Pig. Take a look at
CHANGES.txt for 0.11 and you'll see a ton of names. A lot of them are new,
and that is awesome.

Prashant Kommireddi, Eli Reisman, Russell Jurney, and of course many more
all deserve recognition for the work being done on Pig. If it was left to
the 2-3 of us core folks, the release would be a shadow of what it
currently is, and it'd be a lot less stable.

So thanks! Keep hacking. Keep the patches coming!
Jon
+
Cheolsoo Park 2012-10-19, 19:19
+
Gianmarco De Francisci Mo... 2012-10-19, 22:11
+
Julien Le Dem 2012-10-23, 04:41