HBase >> mail # user >> ways to make orders when it puts

+
JUN YOUNG KIM 2012-10-04, 08:54
+
Michael Segel 2012-10-04, 15:19
Re: ways to make orders when it puts
I am not sure I hit your questoin, but if the data is not stored as what
you expect,
I guess it might be the problem of row key.
As we all know, the row key is sorted in a lexicographic order in HBase.
For example, 10 is before 9. So if your row key includes 1 ... 10,
it is neccessory to format the single letter by adding "0".

Best Wishes
Dan Han

On Thu, Oct 4, 2012 at 9:19 AM, Michael Segel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> Silly question. Why do you care how your data is being stored?
>
> Does it matter if the data is stored in rows where A1,A2, A3 are the order
> of the keys, or
> if its A3,A1,A2 ?
>
> If you say that you want to store the rows in order based on entry time,
> you're going to also have to deal with a little nasty problem of hot
> spotting along with your regions being only half full post spilt.
>

> On Oct 4, 2012, at 3:54 AM, JUN YOUNG KIM <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > hi, hbase users.
> >
> > I am wondering how we can make orders when we put under multiple threads.
> > I mean that
> >
> > threads are working like this
> >
> > thread1 puts A1 (rowkey)
> > thread2 puts A2
> > thread3 puts A3
> >
> > by unexpected working time order,
> > thread1 puts earlier than thread2.
> > thread3 puts earlier than thread1.
> >
> > yes, I know that hbase will store it in-order like A1 -> A2 -> A3
> >
> > but, how could I store my datas by write-times like A3 -> A1 -> A2
> >
> > If I could insert timestamp value before A#, the situations I described
> could be also happened.
> >
> > any ideas??
> > (you can change row key structure if you can satisfy conditions I want
> to archive.)
> >
> > thanks for your concerns.

+
Michael Segel 2012-10-04, 16:06