HBase >> mail # user >> Strange Problem on using HRegion's getScanner Method in RegionServer

Re: Strange Problem on using HRegion's getScanner Method in RegionServer
> hi Asaf,
>    Thank you for your response. the rpc server in my application is a
> singleton
> instance. It is started in a region observer, and work as a single server
> in the HRegionServer, just like the RPC servers bring up in the RS's main()
> Method. It not attatched with any Table or regions, It can get all the
> HRegion instance on the HRegionServer.

That sounds like a pretty non-standard setup.  Why not just use the normal
coprocessor endpoint mechanism and execute a scan on the local region,
instead of going through a regionserver-scoped singleton?  Then you can
aggregate results on the client.

Within each coprocessor endpoint instance, you can simply call
RegionCoprocessorEnvironment.getRegion() to get a reference to the local
region.