HBase, mail # user - PrefixFilter : not working for 'long' keys

+
Mohammad Tariq 2012-12-04, 13:30
+
ramkrishna vasudevan 2012-12-04, 14:32
Re: PrefixFilter : not working for 'long' keys
Mohammad Tariq 2012-12-04, 14:36
Thank you for the quick response sir. I was thinking about the same thing,
but just wanted to ask on the list once before moving forward. I'll try it
out.

Regards,
    Mohammad Tariq

On Tue, Dec 4, 2012 at 8:02 PM, ramkrishna vasudevan <
[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Ok, what i think can be done is try writing a custom filter like
> PreFixFilter and use a Comparator that compares long.
>
> In case of SCVF it has a comparator passed to it.  So we can implement a
> comparator that compares long and pass it to the constructor of SCVF.
>
> Hope this helps.
>
> Regards
> Ram
>
> On Tue, Dec 4, 2012 at 7:00 PM, Mohammad Tariq <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > Hello list,
> >
> >     I am trying to use PrefixFilter on my table, whose rowkeys are of
> type
> > 'long'. But I am getting all the rows in the result. And if use the same
> > code on rowkeys of type 'String' it is working perfectly fine. Need some
> > help.
> >
> > Many thanks.
> >
> > Regards,
> >     Mohammad Tariq