HBase >> mail # user >> Is it necessary to set MD5 on rowkey?

+
bigdata 2012-12-18, 09:20
Re: Is it necessary to set MD5 on rowkey?

Hi there-

You don't want a filter for this, use a Scan with the lead portion of the
key.

http://hbase.apache.org/book.html#datamodel

See "5.7.3. Scans"

On a related topic, this is a utility in process to make composite key
construction easier.

On 12/18/12 4:20 AM, "bigdata" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>Many articles tell me that MD5 rowkey or part of it is good method to
>balance the records stored in different parts. But If I want to search
>some sequential rowkey records, such as date as rowkey or partially. I
>can not use rowkey filter to scan a range of date value one time on the
>date by MD5. How to balance this issue?
>Thanks.

+
Damien Hardy 2012-12-18, 09:33