Kafka >> mail # user >> Invalid KafkaStreams as a result of Decoder problems

+
Bob Cotton 2012-11-09, 16:17
+
Jason Rosenberg 2012-11-09, 17:22
+
Bob Cotton 2012-11-09, 17:35
Re: Invalid KafkaStreams as a result of Decoder problems
Currently, the code in Kafka doesn't expect the decoder to throw
exceptions. Could you write your decoder to return null on exceptions?

Thanks,

Jun

On Fri, Nov 9, 2012 at 8:17 AM, Bob Cotton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> During the implementation of a custom Encoder/Decoder we noticed that
> should the Decoder throw an exception, the KafkaStream that it is in use
> becomes invalid.
>
> Searching the mailing list indicates that the only way to recover from an
> invalid stream is to shutdown the whole high-level consumer and restart.
>
> Is there a better way to recover from this?
>
> Thanks for the responsiveness on the mailing list.
> - Bob

+
Bob Cotton 2012-11-12, 14:31
+