Kafka, mail # user - Invalid KafkaStreams as a result of Decoder problems

+
Bob Cotton 2012-11-09, 16:17
+
Jason Rosenberg 2012-11-09, 17:22
+
Bob Cotton 2012-11-09, 17:35
Re: Invalid KafkaStreams as a result of Decoder problems
Jun Rao 2012-11-12, 06:01
Currently, the code in Kafka doesn't expect the decoder to throw
exceptions. Could you write your decoder to return null on exceptions?

Thanks,

Jun

On Fri, Nov 9, 2012 at 8:17 AM, Bob Cotton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> During the implementation of a custom Encoder/Decoder we noticed that
> should the Decoder throw an exception, the KafkaStream that it is in use
> becomes invalid.
>
> Searching the mailing list indicates that the only way to recover from an
> invalid stream is to shutdown the whole high-level consumer and restart.
>
> Is there a better way to recover from this?
>
> Thanks for the responsiveness on the mailing list.
> - Bob

+
Bob Cotton 2012-11-12, 14:31
+