Avro >> mail # user >> avro-service-archetype

avro-service-archetype
Hi,

I want to run avro-service-archetype available in maven central repository.
It has a protocol defined in order-service.avsc

What is the procedure to generate .java files in Eclipse using:

<plugin>
   <groupId>org.apache.avro</groupId>
   <artifactId>avro-maven-plugin</artifactId>
   <version>${avro.version}</version>
   <executions>
     <execution>
       <phase>generate-sources</phase>
       <goals>
         <goal>schema</goal>
         <goal>protocol</goal>
         <goal>idl-protocol</goal>
       </goals>
     </execution>
   </executions>
</plugin>

and then run the client and the server to comunicate?

PS
I know it is beginner question but I feel confused about how to generate the java files simply using the maven in Avro. The test is running ok but can't find any files in /atrget directory.
+
Vignesh Srinivasan 2013-10-23, 01:57
+
michał 2013-10-23, 07:35