HDFS >> mail # dev >> profiling hdfs write path

+
Radim Kolar 2012-11-25, 21:41
+
Todd Lipcon 2012-11-26, 01:35
+
Radim Kolar 2012-11-29, 15:17
+
Todd Lipcon 2012-11-29, 18:25
+
Radim Kolar 2012-12-04, 17:07
+
Todd Lipcon 2012-12-04, 17:27
+
Suresh Srinivas 2012-12-04, 17:49
+
Radim Kolar 2012-12-04, 17:39
+
Eli Collins 2012-12-04, 17:44
+
Radim Kolar 2012-12-05, 02:00
+
Andy Isaacson 2012-12-05, 22:21
+
Radim Kolar 2012-12-06, 02:02
+
Andy Isaacson 2012-12-06, 23:06
+
Radim Kolar 2012-12-08, 04:39
+
Steve Loughran 2012-12-08, 12:38
+
Steve Loughran 2012-12-05, 08:57
Re: profiling hdfs write path

> Currently it's CPU-intensive for several reasons:
> 1) It doesn't yet use the native CRC code
> 2) It makes several unnecessary copies and byte buffer allocations, both in
> the client and in the DataNode
>
> There are open JIRAs for these, and I have a preliminary patch which helped
> a lot, but it hasn't been high priority.
can you attach crc path there?
i will finish it.