Pig, mail # user - group schema getting wrong fields?

+
Lauren Blau 2012-08-24, 18:28
+
Jonathan Coveney 2012-08-24, 19:07
+
Lauren Blau 2012-08-24, 20:11
Re: group schema getting wrong fields?
Lauren Blau 2012-08-24, 20:11
fcels and fnot are both filtered from the same original relation.

On Fri, Aug 24, 2012 at 4:11 PM, Lauren Blau <
[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> how much more. Here's the cxels:
>
> bigcross = join fcels by (chararray)messageId, fnot by (chararray)
> messageId;
> filt1 = filter bigcross by (int)fcels::astart <= (int)fnot::astart;
> filt2 = filter filt1 by (int)fcels::aend >= (int)fnot::aend;
>
> cxels = foreach filt2 generate fcels::messageId as
> messageId:chararray,fcels::astart as celstart:int,fcels::aend as
> celend:int,fnot::alabel as notcellabel:chararray,fnot::astart as
> notcelstart:int, fnot::aend as notcelend:int;
>

> On Fri, Aug 24, 2012 at 3:07 PM, Jonathan Coveney <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:
>
>> Can you post more of your script?
>>
>> 2012/8/24 Lauren Blau <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>>
>> > I'm running pig 0.9.2 and seeing this:
>> >
>> > grunt> describe cxels;
>> > cxels: {messageId: chararray,celstart: int,celend: int,notcellabel:
>> > chararray,notcelstart: int,notcelend: int}
>> > grunt> gcxels = group cxels by (messageId,celstart,celend);
>> > grunt> describe gcxels;
>> > gcxels: {group: (messageId: chararray,notcelstart: int,notcelend:
>> > int),cxels: {(messageId: chararray,celstart: int,celend:
>> int,notcellabel:
>> > chararray,notcelstart: int,notcelend: int)}}
>> >

>> > why does the schema for gcxels::group show notcelstart and notcelend
>> when I
>> > gave it celstart,celend as the grouping fields?
>> > Is the fieldname not being matched correctly?
>> >
>> > Thanks,
>> > lauren

+
Lauren Blau 2012-08-24, 20:16