MapReduce >> mail # user >> “hadoop namenode -format” formats wrong directory

Re: “hadoop namenode -format” formats wrong directory
Try running the command using "hadoop --config /etc/hadoop/conf" to make sure it is looking at the right conf dir.

It would help to understand how you installed hadoop - local build/rpm, etc .. to figure out which config dir is being looked at by default.

-- Hitesh